Board-Certified Estate Planning And Probate Advocacy
John T. Elliott
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Elder Law
- Real Estate Law
John is originally from Bryan/College Station and graduated from Texas A&M University in 1999 with a degree in Biomedical Science. Following graduation, John work as a construction manager for a family-owned company preparing construction pad sites for telephone equipment installation throughout the southeastern part of Texas.
John attended South Texas College of Law where he graduated with honors in 2006. While in law school, John served as a member of the South Texas Law Review. During his final year of law school, John served as a law clerk for the Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill and joined the practice upon his graduation.
John currently holds a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. Going through the process and training to obtain this certification enables John to better advise his clients with their estate planning in conjunction with their overall financial goals and planned asset protection.
John is married to Elizabeth who works as a Physician Assistant in the Medical Center. When he is not working, John enjoys trying to keep up with their four kids.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List, Highest Grade Award, Estate Planning
- Law Review: South Texas Law Review, Member
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. – 1999
- Major: Biomedical Science
- Texas, 2006
- Recipient of the David Mizgala Award for Outstanding Legal Writing by the Editors of the South Texas Law Review
- Member of The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Trust and Probate Section
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
Certified Legal Specialties
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization